Sunday, August 22, 2010

Final Blog Post for EDUC 6713

After reflecting on the GAME plan that I have developed throughout this course, I feel that I have made huge strides in accomplishing the goals that I established in week one. Using the GAME plan approach has allowed me to monitor and evaluate my progress toward achieving my goals. I have learned how to become and how to teach my students’ to be self-directed learners. This course has allowed me to develop and incorporate technology into my instructional strategies. Furthermore, I have a better understanding how think about and how to take steps to direct my leaning as I integrate technology into my classroom. I like using the GAME plan strategy because it has allowed me to customize my approach to learning, helped me integrate technology into my classroom, and given me the tools for lifelong learning.

I have learned a lot from using the GAME plan that will immediately impact my classroom and my instructional practices. Teaching students how to set goals (Technology Related and Content Related) and self-assessing those goals using the GAME plan is a strategy that I will definitely teach my students’. I think it’s important for students to learn how to be self-directed learners. Setting goals, taking action, monitoring learning, and evaluating those goals are skills that will help students throughout their life. Teaching students the steps of the GAME plan will help them respond to changes that may occur during their academic and professional careers.

Using digital tools to help customize and personalize learning activities to address different abilities is one change I will make to my instructional practice regarding technology integration as a result of my learning from this course. I know that students will arrive at my door step with different abilities and needs. I now have a better understanding how to use technology to help support the diverse learning needs of my students’. Using multimedia tools in my classroom will allow my students’ to access information, practice skills and to demonstrate their new understandings.

Although I believe that I have learned and accomplished a lot in regards to technology integration, I still feel that I must continue to look for ways to integrated and structure opportunities for students to use technology in my classroom. As Cennamo, Ross, & Ross remarked, “to teach with technology specifically, is a lifelong journey” pg.1. I know that in order to help my students reach their full potential I must continue to think about what I know about technology and what I still need to know to help make my students’ be successful. I’m really looking forward to getting back to school and implementing all the new strategies that I have learned throughout this course. As I continue to teach, I’m want to make it a priority to ask myself what do students need to learn, and how can technology promote those learning goals? I feel that it is my responsibility as teacher to create learning opportunities for all of my students’.

Reference: Cennamo, K., Ross, J., & Ertmer, P. (2010). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment